Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Black Kids

Last night I went the the 4o Watt club in Athens to see my cousin. Kevin is the drummer for the Black Kids band. It was so much fun. This is the famous club in Athens that REM played at. My cousin has been playing in a band since he was a teen. Their music has a retro 80's feel. They are #5 in London. And they have been on the Letterman show and will be on the Tonight Show.
My mom, her friend and two of my friends met for dinner at a Belgium pub. Then my cousin, Kevin met us there. WOW has he grown....6'5". I am the same age as his older brother. My aunt had 5 boys and the last were twins. So Kevin is the youngest twin. I think it's kind of cool that Kevin's twin brother has twin girls.
Well we spent the longest time getting reconnected and talked about how their success came about. He is such a nice person. I am very impressed with his attitude and his vision. I believe they will go far.
After going to another place for dessert we heading into the club, felt to special, we were on the guest list and just walked right in, we were 'with the band'. The opening act was still playing so we went to the look at the tour bus and talk MORE.
After hearing them play we headed home and I passed out!
It was a great evening. But I understand why you this kind of partying when you are young! I did not bounce back so fast.
Here Kevin is talking with my friend, Helen on the phone. She could not come...so cute!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Sounds like a really cool night!