Sunday, October 26, 2008

Necktie Skirt

I finally made one. Each year this sweet elderly man (in photo) brings his old ties to our church trip and the men can take them. Then on a certain day at our church trip they have a Lonnie (man's name in photo) tie day. Well my girls said they wanted to take part in the day but did not want to wear a necktie. So I made a skirt from all the extra ties for Shannon with a matching bag, and another purse for Kelly Belle. I plan to make Kelly a skirt too. I also made all the other girls a small purse from one tie. It was simple and really did not hold much except a sucker.
I found a great skirt pattern online.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Skirt-from-Neckties
It was fun and easy to make. The most time was in the prep work of the ties before sewing. I plan to make some more purses..those were my favorite to make.

1 comment:

Christy said...

What a cool idea! They look great.