Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Pepperman Day

Today my dear friend, Helen and her awesomely cool kids, Hazel, Ray and Dashiell came to play at our house. These are the type of friends that you can pick up where you left off any time and any where. I love when they come to visit, no stress. The kids all play great and the moms can just hang out and talk about anything. Just what I needed after coming home from vacation (you know the blues you get from returning home from a trip?) and from the sadness that winter is here. They were the perfect pick-me-up. After Helen and talk for the day I am totally ready to tackle a new project...what first? planting, crocheting, baking, sewing, or * ? Return and see what I decided to start? Helen brought a bucket of basil for us to work on. I usually have a sink full of dirty dishes but today I had a sink for of basil. Made some wonderful pesto. Which Shannon loves, especially pesto sandwiches in the summer. Take 1 cup a fresh pesto and mix with 8 oz cream cheese. Spread on slices of bread and top with slices of tomato and cucumbers. She totally flips for this.
Also today, Jack made a special sandwich (mix 4 oz cream cheese with 1/2 cup peanut butter, spread on slice of bread, top with thin apple slices, and carmel and another slice of bread..I added cinnamon on mine) for his 4-H project and the boys tried it for him. And to every one's surprise it was good.
Thanks Peppermans for a fun day.

No comments: