Thursday, August 14, 2008

I have a Teenager!

Well, the day finally came. My oldest child turned 13 (on Wednesday). I have such mixed feelings. I am sad because she is growing up and will want to leave home on her own adventures soon. I'm also excited for the same reasons.
I would like to brag about my teen, Shannon.
She is a mature, smart, confident, strong, brave, courageous, attentive, and an understanding girl!
She has been this way since she was born. I remember when that day happened, something changed inside of me when I held her for the first time. (she was born the day after her due date, due to the fact I ate a lb of M&Ms the night before) I never held a baby before Shannon. I worked so hard bringing her into the world. Then when I saw her, I knew this is what I always wanted to be, a MOM! I wanted to be with her every moment of her life. I told myself I would work hard at being a good mother. And Shannon has really taught me more than I have taught her. I have always told her she is my guinea pig baby, always testing things on her. She has such a big heart, like her daddy. She doesn't like to show feelings or affection but you know she loves you, you can see it in her eyes and that smirk.
I am very proud of Shannon. When she decides to do something, she does it. I liked how she has grown into a person that thinks of the all the little pieces that make up this world. She is not selfish with herself. I hope and pray we continue to be friends. I really like just hanging out with her, she's a cool kid to talk too. I encourage you all get to know her. She is a jewel and a great joy to be around. I am so blessed to have her.
Happy Birthday Shannon and I love you so much my heart hurts :o).

4 comments:

kay russell said...

Yee Haw!!!!! Shannon is a teen. Wow this is so awesome. I remember the day Shannon was born, I was there!!! I plead guilty to eating lots of those m&m's Sondra was eating too. Shannon looked so cute sleeping (as a newborn baby) she slept with her arms up by her head. Oh, yea it was really hot, hot, hot the day Shannon was born, maybe the hottest day ever in Georgia!
Love,
Mom (Grandma Russell)

Madeline Rains said...

Yay for Shannon being here. She does indeed rule. Love you guys!

The (Almost) Amazing Mammarino said...

Shannon is a great kid and clarinet player! She rocks!!!!

Happy birthday, Shannon!

carollynne said...

What a great day for you and Patrick to have a teenager in the house. Congratulations to you all... Neat and smiles all around!