Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gardening Oops

Thought I would post some sad news about my garden. I spent the last few weekends 'weeding' my garden area. The wild garlic and other weeds have taking it over. After my friend, Helen came out, she informed me that I pulled ALL the bachelor button seedlings. :o( I just did not know what they looked like. I'm learning things the hard way...through mistakes. Her advice is to stop weeding and mulch!!
I have to say my lemon balm plant is wonderful!! Growing large and full with some new babies popping up next to the mother plant.
The thyme plant is beautiful!!! The flowers are great, I would love this plant as a bush in my front flower bed.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That's right, I wanted some of both of those! Sorry about the plants you pulled. The goats have eaten my strawberries and blueberries. I hope the plants will recover for next year. No berries this year I fear.