Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What's in a Name?

Why did I name my blog, Green Acres Farm? Well this is how I feel. Patrick and I are like the Green Acres TV show, we do NOT know what we are doing in the country. Can a woman be country and girly, too? Well I feel this way. I love to dress up, do my hair and nails. But I also love to go outside to work or play. Our family moved to our new home a year ago July Fourth. We lived in Covington for 14 years. I loved my old home (3 out of 4 babies were born in that house). But we out grew it and the town was too crowded for us. We wanted to move out where the kids could run and be free. We wanted to have animals and a garden. Well we are here, what do we do???? We both do NOT have a country/farm background. We have no idea what we are doing!!! But we are ready to try.

This blog I think will help me and others see you CAN change and farm with a little encouragement and drive.

Enjoy, I am!

5 comments:

The (Almost) Amazing Mammarino said...

How exciting! And I'm your first commenter! I feel so honored. I hope you have as much fun as I have! It can be quite addicting!

I read your profile as well. I love Hoodwinked, too! It is so rare to find a truly CLEAN G-rated movie (we don't let the kids watch anything that takes the Lord's name in vain) and this one is so clever!

Madeline Rains said...

Yay! Just keep writing. It is addictive. I am so glad that you are doing this.

kay russell said...

It will be such fun reading your blog. I love the name Green acres Farm. Well you know that you get the farming gene from me. I love wearing my blue jeans, turquoise jewelry, having a garden and some chickens!!!
Love
Mom

carollynne said...

Hi Sondra, I love reading about your garden start ups. They look so good in the pix too. Love the sunflowers, I have 3 varieties growing and one looks like a tree trunk. I sprinkles 4 seed pkts around and got only a few to grow. You must be a natural. My gardens consume about 2-5 hrs a day, and now that we finally had 2 long rain storms, we are going to get some tomatoes maybe. Mostly they were the dry rot type.
Just keep writing about your gardens, they will come.
Love hearing about the children watching too. oh yes..... they will join in soon enough and help; out mom, wait and see!

carollynne said...

Hey I loved that old TV show with Zha Zha Gabor, Her husband was so patient and kind.
I still love to see the Walton's on Hallmark TV...
The sun is beckoning me to come out there before it gets too hot.
Have a good day in the gardens!!